Sharon Martin, LCSW provides supervision for associate clinical social workers and marriage family therapist interns needing clinical supervision while pursuing licensure throughout California.
I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) with 20 years of experience in the field. I have been licensed in California since 1999. I provide LCSW supervision, MFT supervision, and PCC supervision to California ASW, MFT interns, and PCC interns pursuing their license through the California BBS.
I began supervising interns and associate social workers in 2004 at a large Santa Clara County non-profit. Since then, I have supervised over 40 pre- and post-master’s social workers and marriage and family therapists. I am currently employed part-time as a Clinical Supervisor at a local non-profit organization. I have completed all BBS required supervisor training and am familiar with completing BBS licensing paperwork.
Topics addressed in supervision:
- Diagnosing and DSM 5
- Assessment, MSE, Treatment Planning
- Clinical Interventions
- Transference and Counter-Transference
- Professional Development and Professional Goals
- Boundaries and Use of Self
- Risk Assessment
- Case Review
Supervisee Minimum Requirements:
- MSW or Master’s in Counseling (or equivalent)
- Registered ASW or MFTi with BBS
- Professional Liability Insurance
- Commitment to regular supervision
- Positive and growth-oriented attitude
- NASW or CAMFT membership (strongly recommended)
- Please be sure that your employer will allow outside supervision, which includes sharing protected health information with me and allowing me access to your client files.
- Individual Supervision available in my San Jose office or through video conferencing (as allowed by the BBS) throughout California.
- $100 per hour of individual supervision
I am energized by teaching and supervising. It is also a serious commitment for both the supervisor and supervisee. If you are looking for MFT Supervision or LCSW supervision in California, please feel free to contact me with any questions or to schedule an interview. Please be sure to talk to your employer about hiring an outside supervisor; unfortunately, not all are agreeable to allowing access to client files and confidential info.
I look forward to hearing from you!
Sharon Martin, LCSW
LCSW Supervision California
MFT Intern Supervision California
Professional Clinical Counselor Supervision California