Well, I did it! I finished the 30 Day Blogging Challenge from Sarah Arrow at Sark e-Media. I split my posts between my counseling website and this new site Social Work Supervision & Coaching. This was a real accomplishment for me. Before the 30 Day Blogging Challenge, I was blogging 3-4 times per month. It feels great to set a goal and achieve it.
So, what did I get out of the 30 Day Blogging Challenge?
- Accountability – I know that I do much better when I have accountability. I signed up for the challenge and made the commitment to a whole group of people.
- Fabulous blogging advice from Sarah Arrow – I’ve just been learning about blogging as I go. It really helped to get Sarah’s daily tips and resources. She shared an awesome list of blog topics. I learned how to create a link up (I was quite impressed with that one!). I learned about the power of comments, key words and great content.
- Connecting with other bloggers – Through the 30 Day Blogging Challenge Facebook group, I connected with other motived bloggers. I found lots of great resources to share and new ideas.
- Pride – I’m definitely proud of myself for stepping up and getting this done.
- New habits – I’m not only writing more often, but more quickly. I don’t expect to keep writing at this pace, but I’m in the habit of spending some time on it everyday.
- Content and traffic – Obviously one of the main reasons to do a blog challenge is to create new content and traffic on your website.
Whether you’re already a blogger or have been wanting to start, I suggest you sign up for the 30 day blogging challenge. It’s free! And I know you’ll feel great about you learn and accomplish.