Sharon Martin, LCSW provides supervision for associate clinical social workers and marriage family therapist interns needing clinical supervision while pursuing licensure in the San Francisco Bay Area of California.
I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) with 25 years of experience in the field. I have been licensed in California since 1999. I provide LCSW supervision, MFT supervision, and PCC supervision to California ASW, MFT interns, and PCC interns pursuing their license through the California BBS.
I began supervising interns and associate clinical social workers in 2004 at a large Santa Clara County non-profit. Since then, I have supervised over 45 pre- and post-master’s social workers and marriage and family therapists. I have completed all BBS required supervisor training and am familiar with completing BBS licensing paperwork.
Topics Addressed in Supervision:
- Diagnosing and DSM 5
- Assessment, MSE, Treatment Planning
- Clinical Interventions
- Transference and Counter-Transference
- Professional Development and Professional Goals
- Boundaries and Use of Self
- Risk Assessment
- Case Review
Supervisee Minimum Requirements:
- MSW or Master’s in Counseling (or equivalent)
- Registered ASW or AMFT with BBS
- Professional Liability Insurance
- Commitment to regular supervision
- Positive and growth-oriented attitude
- NASW or CAMFT membership (strongly recommended)
- Please be sure that your employer will allow outside supervision, which includes sharing protected health information with me and allowing me access to your client files.
- Individual Supervision available in my Campbell, CA office (just off Highway 880, close to downtown San Jose). Some sessions may be conducted through video conferencing (as allowed by the BBS) to reduce travel time.
- $100 per hour of individual supervision
Getting Started with MFT or LCSW Supervision California:
If you’d like to be considered for LCSW or MFT supervision, please follow these steps.
- Contact me to find out if I’m accepting new supervisees.
- Talk to your employer about using an outside supervisor. Your employer must consent to you hiring an outside supervisor to comply with the BBS requirements. You will be sharing confidential client information with me and giving me access to protect health information and client records.
- Email me your resume and cover letter.
- Schedule an interview. This is an opportunity for both of us to decide whether to move forward with supervision.
- Complete required BBS forms and supervision contract.
- Schedule a regular time for supervision.
Thank you for your interest in clinical supervision. I look forward to supporting your professional goals.
Sharon Martin, LCSW