Clinical Case Consultation
Case consultation for licensed therapists or social workers is available on an ad hoc or ongoing basis. Consultations can be conducted by phone or video conference and are usually scheduled for 45 minutes.
- 45 minutes: $125 per consultation session or $110 per consultation if two or more sessions are used per calendar month.
- 30 minutes: $110
On-Going Clinical Supervision for Pre-Licensed Clinicians
I provide supervision for associate clinical social workers and marriage family therapist interns needing clinical supervision while pursuing licensure in the San Francisco Bay Area of California.
I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) with 25 years of experience in the field. I have been licensed in California since 1999. I provide LCSW supervision, MFT supervision, and PCC supervision to California ASW, MFT associates, and PCC interns pursuing their license through the California BBS. I also provide case consultations for licensed therapists and social workers via phone or video conference.
I began supervising interns and associate clinical social workers in 2004 at a large Santa Clara County non-profit. Since then, I have supervised over 50 pre- and post-master’s social workers and marriage and family therapists. I have completed all BBS required supervisor training and am familiar with completing BBS licensing paperwork.
Topics Addressed in Supervision:
- Diagnosing and DSM 5
- Assessment, MSE, Treatment Planning
- Clinical Interventions
- Transference and Counter-Transference
- Professional Development and Professional Goals
- Boundaries and Use of Self
- Risk Assessment
- Case Review
Supervisee Minimum Requirements:
- MSW or Master’s in Counseling (or equivalent)
- Registered ASW or AMFT with BBS
- Your own professional liability insurance (Insurance is usually $100 or less per year and can be purchased from a company such as American Professional, HSPO, or CPH.)
- Commitment to regular supervision
- Positive and growth-oriented attitude
- NASW or CAMFT membership (strongly recommended)
- Please be sure that your employer will allow outside supervision, which includes sharing protected health information with me and allowing me access to your client files.
- Individual Supervision $110 per hour
- Tridactic Supervision (2 supervisees +1 supervisor) $65 per supervisee per hour
Getting Started with MFT or LCSW Supervision California:
**Please note: I am not accepting new supervisees in 2021**
If you’d like to be considered for LCSW or MFT supervision, please follow these steps.
- Contact me to find out if I’m accepting new supervisees.
- Talk to your employer about using an outside supervisor. Your employer must consent to you hiring an outside supervisor to comply with the BBS requirements. You will be sharing confidential client information with me and giving me access to protected health information and client records. In addition to my supervision contract (below), your employer will need to sign a letter the BBS (see sample letter).
- Email me your resume and cover letter.
- Schedule an interview. This is an opportunity for both of us to decide whether to move forward with supervision.
- Complete required BBS forms and supervision contract.
- Schedule a regular time for supervision.
Thank you for your interest in clinical supervision or case consultation. I look forward to supporting your professional goals.
Sharon Martin, LCSW